POSITION: WILLBY’S CONSULTANT/ FRONT OF PHARMACY RETAIL POSITION
AGREEMENT: Part time hourly rate
Willby’s is a business within the setting of a compounding pharmacy, providing a unique tailored solution to support parents in the relief of Colic. Our employees are experienced in infant health and development, and provide information, support, and care for families during this time. Colic can cause distress for babies and their families. The Willby’s team are dedicated in providing a traditional pharmacy approach that specialises in solutions for colic so that families can enjoy this early period without the complications of an unsettled baby.
Further information about Willby’s is available at Home – Willby’s (willbys.com.au)
A detailed position description will be made available to successful applicants
To equip parents with the solutions to relieve the impact of colic, ‘so families can be families’.
Our staff are expected to demonstrate and uphold the values of Willby’s
- Families are the reason we are here – they are the focus of what we do
- How we do things is as important as what we do. Respect, support and compassion go hand in hand with knowledge, skills and wisdom. Safety and care of babies and staff are fundamental.
- Excellence is the standard we work to everyday. Through research and education, we raise the bar for tomorrow
- We work together. We play vital roles in a team that achieves extraordinary results
- Our leadership shares ideas and demonstrates behaviours that inspire others to follow
WILLBY’S PHARMACY CUSTOMER CARE/RETAIL POSITION SUMMARY
The Willby’s compounding pharmacy requires a consultant /retail professional. The successful applicant will be the first point of contact for parents coming into the pharmacy to collect product, seek advice, or fill compounding prescriptions. This position requires an individual who will be able to excel in the retail space and have fixed days in the consulting space at Willby’s as a consultant as well.
The retail role encompasses operation of front of shop POS and EFTPOS systems, management and receipt of prescriptions for the compounding pharmacy, referral to the pharmacist with counselling needs when necessary and product awareness. Inventory maintenance, store presentation and communication skills are also desirable traits for this role.
The consultant role at Willby’s is an important one where they are the first point of contact for families new to the product and service at Willby’s. They must be empathic listeners and good communicators of essential information and advice. Consultants must be able to communicate to parents from a diverse range of cultural, language and professional backgrounds with respect and patience.
Consultants lead parents through an information gathering process that includes birth, medical history and symptom identification. Consultants then guide parents through an explanation of colic and reasons their baby might be experiencing the described symptoms. This information is then passed on to our qualified and specialised team of pharmacists who determine a specific dose for the baby. Information gathering, listening and communicating appropriately form an integral basis for this role and the retail role being advertised.
- Experience in an educational or health care setting with interaction with the general public
- Experience in maternal and infant health
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- Retail experience desirable but not essential